Bill Mollison says, "Permaculture is the conscious design and maintenance of agriculturally productive ecosystems which have the diversity, stability,
and resilience of natural ecosystems."
And David Holmgrem states that Permaculture involves "Consciously designed landscapes which mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature, while
yielding an abundance of food, fibre and energy for provision of local needs." & "He sees permaculture as the use of systems thinking and design
principles that provide the organising framework for implementing the above vision."
So if you want to build bio-harmonic housing, grow healthy food, live attuned to the land in an organic and sustainable way, permaculture, gives you the
basic blue-print, tools and know how to empower your dream and manifest it.
Check the calandar of events too.
To obtain a NZ Magazine to Grow Organic Food and learn of people in your area go to :- www.organicnz.org
The Soil & Health Association of New Zealand Inc was founded in 1941. The founding committee were concerned at the poor state of national nutrition
due to the low priority given to sustainability, organic farming and growing practices that were happening even in those times.
ORGANICNZ is an excellent magazine, with superb articles on all aspects of soils, composting, mulching, growing, grafting, pruning, germinating seedlings,
harvesting, extraction, drying, storage as well as animal farming practices.
The oldest magazine of its kind in NZ.
Readying NZ to become organic by 2020, it is also involved in:
- Keeping NZ GE Free
- Reducing the harm and eliminating the risk of pesticides in NZ
- Methyl Bromide press releases
- Endoslfan - New Zealand needs to ban this chemical
- Aspartame - artificial sweetener - a risk to our health?
- Stopping the Therapeutic Products and Medicines Bill
- Country of Origin Labelling
- Campaign against the mandatory fortification of bread with folic acid
- Halting the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement TPPA.